Shield blend, Oh, how I love thee!
Shield is Spark Naturals’ proprietary blend of Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary essential oils. This blend has NO CARRIER oils; only pure, uncut, essential oils so its potency is not diminished in any way.
The oils blended in Shield have been used together for centuries as an immune booster, in fact, this blend is most literally legendary. Legend has it, that in 15th century England, during the time of the great plague, grave robbers, formerly spice-traders who had been shut down by the King, developed their own blend of these oils to protect them from the ills of their “victims” as they plundered and pilfered the graves and homes of those who had died. Upon their capture, the thieves were offered leniency by a judge if they would share how they were able to stay healthy while spending so much time around those afflicted (often and long enough to rob them) but not be affected by the illness. Of course, as stories go, there are many variations to the legend, but all stories lead to the confirmation that this blend is very effective in fighting off pathogens and keeping you well.
Each individual oil in this blend is incredible on its own. Each with its own healing properties and stand alone uses, but when you add them together, it becomes a special blend of unstoppable protection against germs, viruses, and infection causing bacteria.
- Clove essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, a strong antiseptic, immune stimulant, and disinfectant. Clove can be used for acne, bruises, burns, cuts and as a pain reliever. Add a few drops of clove to a shot glass of warm water and gargle to ease throat pain and irritations. Diffuse in your home or office to help lift depression. Place a few drops on a cotton swab and touch tooth to alleviate gum or tooth pain. Add a drop to mouthwash to help with toothaches.
- Lemon essential oil is antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic, and antidepressant, anti-anemic, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, diuretic, and insecticidal. Lemon oil is used to fight infections, ease headaches and muscle aches, and as a digestive aid.
- Cinnamon essential oil is antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiviral, antiparasitic, anti-infectious, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, antiseptic and astringent.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, anti-infectious, antiviral, an expectorant, antiseptic, astringent, deodorant, diuretic, sedative and vaso-constrictor. Eucalyptus is widely used in cough and throat medicines and ointments. It has a calming effect and has been known to help breathing and to open air passages.
- Rosemary essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-infectious, antidepressant, astringent, diuretic, stimulant, hypertensive, and also an expectorant. It has been used to clear the mind and nervous system and stimulate memory; the diuretic properties are useful in reducing water retention during menstruation, and fighting obesity and cellulite.
As you can see, Shield is a blend of some very potent and powerful oils. It’s really no wonder people trust this blend and use it regularly in their homes to keep their families well.
5 drops of Melaleuca
5 drops of Shield
3 drops of Oregano
Take every two hours as soon as symptoms appear.
You can use this blend internally by adding it to a gel-cap or veggie-cap, or by adding it to a shot glass of water and shooting it down (nobody promises that it actually tastes good) . You can use it topically by applying it “neat” to the bottoms of your feet (use 1/2 strength and dilute with carrier oil for young children or for those with sensitive skin). Lastly, you can diffuse this blend in your home to keep those airborne germs at bay.
Also, don’t forget Spark Naturals is offering FREE SHIPPING through Friday on all orders, so be sure to get your orders in before Friday and use the coupon code: Trixie for 10% off your entire order.
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase products through these links, it helps to support this blog and my family. We appreciate your support very much. Thank you.
NECESSARY DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this post is for general information and discussion only. None of these statements have been evaluated by the FDA. No information found on this blog is intended, nor should be construed, as medical advice. Please be sure to consult with your health care provider before making any changes to your current medications or treatment plans. Read my full disclaimer here.